Author Topic: GC 125 Exide batteries  (Read 7428 times)

tim.moore

• Veteran
GC 125 Exide batteries
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
I have six slightly used Exide  GC125 batteries (same as Trojan 125) that have only 3000 miles on them.  They list at $140 each, I got them at discount, I will sell them for $50 each.  708-236-0272  Why, Exide is giving me six new batteries because I wrote a letter to them--miracles do happen.

tim.moore

• Veteran
Re: GC 125 Exide batteries
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
I am dropping the price to $30 a piece if the person is making a vehicle of some kind.  EK Automotives made a 72 volt VW, and Steve EK is very good guy to deal with.

bill_anderson

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »
Hello Tim, if you haven't sold them yet I might  be interested.  What was the reason for the letter and what did you have them in?   How far are you from Rockford?
Bill Anderson   96dakota144v

tim.moore

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 08:43:32 PM »
Bill the reason I wrote the letter was because I was frustrated that battery design did not have an easy way to lift the batteries.  They provided me with carriers that utilized the 5/16 bolt.  I told them lifting from the bolt compromised the  positive and negative lead bolts.  They changed the design now, but truth be told when lifting them you just use the quick release caps and a strap I made.  Call if you want to talk more,  708-236-0272  I'll home after 4pm.

bill_anderson

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:28:44 PM »
Hey Tim,  sorry I did not get back to you sooner.  I just found out at the end of the week that our shop will be closing down for a week and then back to work for 32 hour week and then closing for another week.  After that they have no idea what our schedule will be.  I would like to buy the batteries but can't $180 right now.  If you can't find someone to take them I would offer $100.  I guess the times finally caught up to me.  I feel very fortunate that I have been working steady up until now when so many others have not.
Talk to you later,
Bill  815 988 5586

tim.moore

• Veteran
Bill Anderson GC 125 Exide batteries
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 02:57:13 PM »
Bill, I was hoping that the economy would not hit you, I heard Rockford is the highest unemployment in the state.  Actually after talking with you,  I got the idea to put 4 of the batteries in service.  Two on my sump pump and two I added to my pack to bring me up to 126 volts.  I still have two left, I was going to give them to brother-in-law or neighbor for their sump pump back up.  If you need them call me. I'll keep you in my prayer for the job situation. If they keep cutting our hours and wages we will have no money and the economy will slide further into depression.

bill_anderson

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:50:45 AM »
I am glad you could put the batteries to good use.  Your brother in-law will appreciate them.  I always am able to figure out how to make all my stuff run as I have a friend who runs a salvage yard and when I need something I just go get it, when they need something fixed they call me. Very good arrangement.   I have about 12 pieces of equipment or vehicles that always need some form of electrons stored which was the only reason I was interested knowing they would be in good shape.  I still have to get my truck running but that will have to wait until this winter after my building is up.  Too bad you could not figure out a way to get your pack even higher but then that would entail having to get a different charger. Thanks for your reply and talk to you at a meeting sometime.
Bill