Author Topic: Car rally at Harper College 'From Gas To Green'  (Read 1871 times)

ted.karson

Car rally at Harper College 'From Gas To Green'
« on: February 22, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
The first day will be ICE Muscle cars and our Tim Maxwell will be a guest speaker.
The second day will be green fuel vehicles and I have a couple of our members in mind as guests since they have bio-fuel cars.
The third class will be Electrical Vehicles And I would like you and/or someone you select as a guest.
The forth class will be a rally with representations of the above types vehicles on display. John Emde is going to bring his Electric Dragster. We could use your help with this project in getting some of our members Electric vehicles to be present at this rally and also with the media.
Harper college has a large area in the middle of some buildings reserved for us. We should be able to fit up to 50 cars in this area.
Harper college will be sending out press releases to the media for what promises to be a big rally and event. My PM phone number is 847-254-6556. I look forward to hearing from you, soon!
Very truly,
Ted Roger Karson

LPL 0301 - THE EVOLUTION OF MUSCLE CARS: FROM GAS TO GREEN In the future muscle cars will be green! Course begins with a look at the famous V-8 automobile engine and how they have been souped-up in muscle cars while adding to pollution and climate change problems. Then examine the latest technologies used in green muscle cars, including super electric vehicles (EVs) which are energy efficient and extremely fast. Finally, explore do-it-yourself hybrid technology such as SUVs made to run on bio diesel fuel. Technology that reduces pollution and CO2 emissions by utilizing new and exotic vehicles that run on inexpensive clean energy is now being implemented in muscle cars. Class includes a session in which you will view cars in-person. Ted Karson has a passion for muscle cars and has used his knowledge to modify and set up gas and electric cars for racing.
0.100 TO 900.000 Continuing Education Units
0.000 TO 900.000 Lecture hours
0.000 TO 900.000 Lab hours
0.000 TO 900.000 Other hours

Levels: Continuing Education
Schedule Types: Lecture

Harper College
Continuing Education Division
Personal Cultural Enrichment Department

Course Attributes:
Sciences, Our Green World

THE EVOLUTION OF MUSCLE CARS: FROM GAS TO GREEN - 50322 - LPL 0301 - 001

Associated Term: Spring 2009 Non-credit/CE
Registration Dates: Nov 10, 2008 to Apr 24, 2009
Levels: Continuing Education
Tuition/Fees: 69.00/NA

Palatine (Main) Campus
Lecture Schedule Type
Traditional Classroom Setting Instructional Method
0.800 Continuing Education Units
View Catalog Entry

Scheduled Meeting Times Type    Time    Days    Where    Date Range    Schedule Type    Instructors
Class    7:00 pm - 9:00 pm    R    A Building 139A    Apr 23, 2009 - May 14, 2009    Lecture    TBA