Author Topic: used golf cart batteries  (Read 4753 times)

rich.rezny

used golf cart batteries
« on: January 22, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
I was talking to my Interstate Battery guy the other day about used batteries.  He said they get alot of them at various times.  Usually at the end or beginning of the golf season.  They test the used units to see if they are still usable.  Many are. They just had low states of charge from sitting around. Most of the batteries they see are the Interstate brand but sometimes get other brands as well.  I got 4 Crown CR245 (245 ahr) for a floor cleaning machine we have at work.  He said they usually get $30 for the used units and they need a core battery as well. Post to this thread if you are needing any used batteries and I will see if they can fill your needs...Rich

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
Re: used golf cart batteries
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:42:27 AM »
Thanks Rich!  i'll keep your offer in mind for future homebrew EV and Solar projects.

abel.partida

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:49:10 AM »
Hi Rich.

I am interested on 2 used batteries similar to the Crown CR245, can I get information on your contact at Interstate..... Abel Partida

Thanks.

rich.rezny

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 05:21:07 PM »
Sorry for taking so long to answer your post.  I haven't been on the FVEAA forums site in a while.  I called the Interstate battery guy and he said that he doesn't have any good used ones at this time.  He said the summer is when they sell the most used batteries. People fixing their electric golf carts and for their trolling motors. I told him to put me on a list and when he gets in some decent used batteries to call me.  Rich