Author Topic: Village of Northbrook considers AVCON station.  (Read 5126 times)

todd.martin

Village of Northbrook considers AVCON station.
« on: February 25, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »
Below is their reply from Northbrook's Public Works Director.  If any EV driver uses the Metra lot in Northbrook or works / visits downtown Northbrook, please let me know.

Hi Todd:

This is a perfect subject for the Village’s Green Team discussion.  We will be having a meeting within the next couple of weeks and I am inquiring if you or your representative could demonstrate the unit and give a presentation to the Green Team.  Once I have the date and time of our next meeting, I’ll contact you for a confirmation on whether you will be available.

Thanks

Jim Papreck

todd.martin

Update for Village of Northbrook EV Parking
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
I have an appointment for Monday March 3rd at 10:30am in their City Hall to go over the details.  I'll be bringing the AVCON sample and a laptop with the FVEAA presentation.  If anyone is available with an EV to bring, that would be great.

Best regards,

Todd Martin

todd.martin

Update: Village of Northbrook wants an AVCON station for EV parking.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:13:59 PM »
This morning I met with the Village of Northbrook's "Green Team", which was about 8 village officials (public works, fire, police, administration, parks & fleet representatives).  Erwin Gugolz from the FVEAA came out as well with his Zap Truck for show & tell.  Thank you Erwin for your participation!  The presentation was well received and we got this reply:

Todd:
Thank you for your presentation this morning.  The Village is interested in one of these units but we are trying to determine a prominent place to install.  I need to determine our costs and what site may be practical.  Can you please send me the installation guide and any limitations on the length of the run of the electrical service from the circuit breaker box?
Thanks
Jim

todd.martin

Update: Village of Northbrook installs AVCON station.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:11:12 PM »
Today, I received confirmation that the Village of Northbrook has installed our AVCON station.  It is located in the parking lot behind the village Hall. It is in the North West corner of the lot and it is the Southern parking spot facing west.  The Village hall address is 1225 Cedar Lane, Northbrook IL.

Best regards,
Todd Martin

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
Re: Village of Northbrook considers AVCON station.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 03:53:31 AM »
Hey that's great, I could use that one. Thanks Todd!!!
Ken Simmermon