Author Topic: Want A Fisker Karma? Lots Of Used Ones For Sale  (Read 1322 times)

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
Want A Fisker Karma? Lots Of Used Ones For Sale
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:39:40 PM »
Beautiful EV but i don't have this kind of cash.  i suspect that Wanxiang isn't in any position to support their adopted product either.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1097079_want-a-fisker-karma-lots-of-used-ones-for-sale?fbfanpage

jeffrey.miller

• Veteran
Re: Want A Fisker Karma? Lots Of Used Ones For Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 01:47:06 AM »
I have actually been watching the prices on these cars about quarterly.  I like to buy cars from defunct manufacturers (I drive a Saab) because they get cheap faster than their peers.  The current price range puts them on par with used Model S I am seeing around so at that price I am not interested.  If they drop to 15 grand or so in a couple or years they will really get my attention.  I don't know if that will happen but it is a complicated car with limited support so it has to be pretty darn cheap before I think about taking the plunge. 

I don't know about collectors and the future prices of these cars.  My 2006 Saab 9-2x Aero is more rare than a 2012 Fisker but that doesn't mean it will ever be worth anything more than it is today.