Author Topic: Officers of 350Green charged with fraud  (Read 1732 times)

rich.carroll

• Veteran
Officers of 350Green charged with fraud
« on: March 05, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »
Both Tim Mason and Mariana Gerzanych have been charged with fraud, relating to 350Green's contract to build out charging stations in the Chicago Area.  A sad day.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-electric-car-fraud-met-20150304-story.html?track=rss#page=1
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:29:35 AM by ted.lowe »
Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
Re: Officers of 350Green charged with fraud
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 01:09:54 AM »
Wow Rich!  I was just sharing the sad story with someone on Facebook today.  "Our charging infrastructure" got caught up in some shady business.  At least there is some attempt at justice going on.  

For a little background on the issue... approx. 5 years ago the City of Chicago received a near $3 million grant to build an EV charging infrastructure.  Rich Carroll, myself and another FVEAAer were asked along with a couple dozen industry and government people to advise the then Major Daley on the right approach to take.  This advisory council met a number of times in that year and we were quite close to making a solid recommendation, which included a good mixture of level 2 and level 3 chargers. But then we heard nothing.  No new meetings, etc.  Shortly thereafter, we heard that 350Green had been exclusively awarded this big contract.  Seemed a bit shady at the time, now the truth is known.  Sad but true.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:34:38 AM by ted.lowe »

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
Re: Officers of 350Green charged with fraud
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:40:05 AM »
i attended the dedication of the first Level 3 EV Charger in March 2012.  In this video, behind Governor Quinn, you can see the 350Green CEO Mariana Gerzanych.   i wonder how she may look in orange :-)

http://youtu.be/mfg8jCFpEAU