Author Topic: Cool EV on Ebay AC drive!  (Read 10916 times)

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
Re: Cool EV on Ebay AC drive!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »
Rich I will call them, Thanks I just wanted to start the insurance post in case anyone needs the info too.
Ken Simmermon

howard.hansen

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 03:14:14 AM »
Looks like a Freeway fell in love with a Sparrow.  A great deal on a cool EV!  What to name her?  This was cut-and -pasted from Wickipedia...
"Electric Barbarella" is the 29th single by Duran Duran, and the first official single from the album Medazzaland.
OK, maybe not.  It's an awful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK1g5dMYR3s

todd.dore

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 05:23:35 AM »
Howard - I had no idea that you are a new wave fan!  Coming of age during the 80s, it's songs and cheesy videos like these that I adore.

Long live DD!

By the way, my 2 favorite new wave songs for EVs are 'Electric Blue' (Icehouse?) and 'Electric Avenue' (Eddie Grant)

joe.sykes

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 05:22:29 PM »
hey ken
on ebay motors page 16 under electric cars for sale had a manual for a 69(?) model
like yours fyi joe

rich.carroll

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
Joe-
Can you give me an eBay item number, I could not find it?  I suspect Ken would like to have it, but Ken is on the road (on his way to Marietta, GA to pick the car up and visit an old friend along the way,)  He may not have internet access, although I could call him.  He did borrow my trailer to bring the Doran back home.
Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to

joe.sykes

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:21 AM »
 >:well doggone it, it was on page 16 but I didn't get the
number and your right it's gone-it was going to expire
later tonight-it was under electric cars page 16

joe.sykes

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 02:16:32 AM »
 ;D ;D hey rich and ken
there is another manual under ebay motors electric cars page 11
it's a doran never opened item #300544779107-----hope this works
for you--joe

rich.carroll

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
Ken was out of town, driving down to GA to pick up the Doran, but he came back yesterday, and returned the trailer.  He reports that at his height, he just about fits in the Doran, easier with the T-Tops removed.  He'll work on lowering the seat, or finding a seat that mounts earlier.  I'll email him about the manual you found.  Thanks.

BTW, I used to have a bookmark at:  http://search.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQtZvbQQsofindtypeZ4 which is a link you can enter an eBay auction number, and go right to it.  That link was one I used often enough to have it as bookmark in my toolbar.  But several months ago, eBay added a new (relatively) unannounced feature that you can take that item number, and simply put it in a search bar.

To make this simple:

there is another manual under ebay motors electric cars page 11
it's a doran never opened item #300544779107-----hope this works

1) copy just the number from the message, in this case, just copy 300544779107
2) go to any eBay page that has a search box, and paste the  300544779107 into the search box, and hit the return key.

Now, it could not be much simpler.

Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
Big Big Thanks Rich for the loan of the trailer, having the right equipment makes the difference! me and lil EV made it home safe and sound. Joe thanks that link work, had trouble finding page 16 anyways. JK I have that manual but thanks for watching out for it!

There is only one bad thing I'm to tall for the car, I will try to lower the seat or just run with the T top off, it has very nice instrumentation E meter and woodward display which shows the voltage of every battery, pretty cool.

Thanks again Rich!
 EV ;D
Ken Simmermon

stephen.grushas

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 07:55:19 PM »
Hey Ken, we need a few pic's of you in the car.   Glad you made it home safely.

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »
My Doran Three Wheeler is now legal to drive in the "wonderful" state of Illinois  ;D I did use Country Companies here in Fox Lake
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 07:52:45 PM by ken.simmermon »
Ken Simmermon

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 07:50:17 PM »
I just drove the Doran for over 8 miles, very cool. I swapped one weak battery and there looks like another is pretty weak. So if summer ever comes maybe I'll get 15 to 20. wishful thinking ;D
Ken Simmermon

tim.moore

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
Ken, glad to hear you are having fun.  Sounds like you lucked out, or I should say skilled out on batteries again on an AC purchase.  I also wanted to tell you the EBike works great with the Honda generator and the automatic Schumacher battery charger.  I can put the Honda on Eco setting and it holds the amperes at 10amps cart on blocks at top revolutions.  Next week, we hope to take it for a drive outside if the weather gets nicer.   Thanks Again for running the numbers and your confidence in the battery charger and generator.