EV Technology > DC/DC Converters

New Iota DC/DC converters no longer work with a DC input.

(1/2) > >>

john.emde:
Up until now (Nov. 2011), the Iota DC/DC converters that we have sold and installed in many conversions are no longer available for use with a DC input. The new production units we just bought have a design change that cannot be corrected. They are being returned.
The company (Iota) says they will not be able to supply new units with a DC input.
We here at Pioneer are searching for an alternative, at a reasonable price. We will be doing testing on a couple of other brands. Further info will follow soon.

John     Pioneer Conversions

scott.wilkinson:
I am interested to hear what you move to next.  I will also be in the market for a DC-DC converter in January.  One that I have been looking at that is similar to the Iota is the Acme. 110-370v input, 10-15 volts out, 50amps.
http://evolveelectrics.com/DC-DC%20Converters.html#elcondcdc

dio.vesselinov:
i will look for this problem i need more specification info of what we need.as far parameters like range E.T.C ;)

geoffrey.pullinger:
I just purchased the ACME for my conversion.  I will let you know if it is any good.  I thought the higher amperage IOTA converters still accepted DC - like 75 amps and above.  Maybe because they are more expensive they are the last to go out of stock.

dave.hostert:
I purchased an Elcon converter for my 120 volt setup from EV America.  It seems to work well and is very compact.  These guys are great for customer service and back up their products if there happen to be any issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version