Author Topic: George Gladic's Nissan is For Sale - Highly Motivated Seller!  (Read 2829 times)

george.gladic

George Gladic's Nissan is For Sale - Highly Motivated Seller!
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:43:22 AM »
For Sale - 1990 Nissan Sentra

:'( Hate to part with this great car, but need $ to buy lithium ion batteries for my pluggable Prius!

$10,000 or best offer. Converted in 1995 by the FVEAA club members (Club Car).  I am the 2nd owner.
Range of 30-40 miles per charge - more than enough for most daily commutes.  Rated for highway driving with a top speed of 65mph.  Has 26,000+ electric miles.

Several upgrades - upgraded from original 8-volt batteries to 21 6-volt 125 Trojan batteries in May 2006 - heater added to the OEM duct work.

126 volt system, heater, rear window defogger, new tires in front, all new struts with upgraded rear springs. Has a 9-inch DC Warp motor sold by John Emde. DC to DC converter - DCP. 144 Volt Curtis Controller.  Factory Manual included.
Tow hitch and tow bar included. Two-tone, Top panels painted, lower panels rust proofed, inside and outside. 
Charger - Bridge rectifier (Bad Boy Charger).

Longest one day drive was to the FVEAA 
meeting in Naperville, 99 miles round trip with a 4-hour opportunity
charge while in Naperville.

Asking $10,000 or best offer.  See picture on Members Cars web page.

Questions?  Email me at g104gladic@comcast.net

rich.carroll

• Veteran
Re: George Gladic's Nissan is For Sale - Highly Motivated Seller!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 04:23:38 PM »
Several members have looked at this car, and it is a very nice EV.  The car has been well cared for, and gives really good range for the price.  I suspect George is flexible on the price.  If you are considering purchasing an EV, look at this car and see if it will fulfill your needs.  If you were thinking of converting one yourself, you can't buy the parts for the price George is asking for the entire car, much less the time and work to convert a car.

He loves the car, but he needs the cash to upgrade his Plug-In Prius to new Lithium Batteries.
Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to