Author Topic: For Sale - 1992 Tercel Conversion: $5,250  (Read 1317 times)

craig.dusing

For Sale - 1992 Tercel Conversion: $5,250
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »
http://www.photobucket.com/evs-tercel

Ted D. from Dixon IL has asked me to list his 1992 Toyota Tercel EV for sale.  We completed the conversion in 2009 as part of our R&D program.  The car is equipped with an ImPulse 9 motor, EVS adapter plate and coupler, OEM clutch, and OEM 5-speed transmission.  The battery pack is a 144V with (12)  M&K 12V gel batteries which are now weak and will need replaced.  The batteries are mounted in custom EVS built HDPE plastic and aluminum battery boxes which are bolted to the vehicle’s frame. One box is under the hood with four batteries and two boxes are in the trunk which hold the remaining eight batteries. The boxes would easily accommodate an upgrade lithium pack. A Quick Charge 110VAC input battery charger is also mounted in the trunk with plug-in accessible under the gas cap door. The car currently has a MaxForcer 1000A controller installed with control circuits contained in a fiberglass control enclosure holding (2) SW-200 contactors, 12VDC power taps, and 12VDC ground connections.  The car has a 12VDC vacuum pump with reservoir for power braking.  The vehicle is fitted with an electric block heater with RV pump plumbed to the OEM heater core to supply winter heat.  Originally fitted with ammeter and voltmeter, the car now also has a Blue Window EV gauge system with a 7” dash mounted color monitor. To accommodate the heavier conversion weight new heavier rear springs and shocks were installed and new brakes were installed on all four wheels during the conversion in 2009.  The car has not been driven in winter and probably has less than 1500 miles on the conversion.

The conversion provided approx. 25 miles range per charge with the gel batteries which was more than adequate for Ted’s daily commute from Dixon to Sterling IL. Range is now obviously considerably less with weak batteries.  Acceleration was good and the car cruised easily at 65 mph in highway traffic.  The car is now located at my shop in Milledgeville IL and can be viewed/test driven there. For questions, please call my business at 815-225-7250 and ask for Craig, or if  I’m not in, try my cell phone at 815-499-7209.  Photos are posted at http://www.photobucket.com/evs-tercel .  FYI: The vinyl logo graphics on the door will be removed and I’ll post more under hood and body photos in the next few days.  Thanks for looking.

Craig Dusing
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:36:48 PM by ted.lowe »