Author Topic: To sell or not to sell  (Read 1255 times)

paul.schlie

To sell or not to sell
« on: September 11, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
I am considering selling my '94 Saturn SC2 EV conversion.  It has a Curtis 1231C and a Netgain WarP 7 motor tied to the original manual transmission w/o clutch.  I currently charge the 8 12V Lead Acid batteries individual with 25 amp smart chargers.  I have a 120V 7A DC charger I planned to install as soon as I reconfigured the front to add two more batteries, 6 are in the trunk now.  I use the original car battery for aux 12V but I have also purchased a 500W DC/DC converter that I plan to install.

Anyway, I don't have the time at the moment to work on the car and I hate to see it going mostly unused.  I take it out on weekends sometimes and it runs great, for 15 Miles or so.  It was a joy to build, but it not getting used as it should right now.

So, do I sell it or keep it until I have the time?  If I have a lot of time again I'd kind of like to start a new project car and convert something else.  I guess I'll let the market decide.  If anyone is interested, make an offer.  If it sells for enough, I'll let it go.  If it doesn't, I'll keep it and work on it later.

I am in Galesburg, IL.  Not a quick trip for most people, I know.  If I had the range I'd bring it up to a meeting, but there is no way at the moment.

Thanks,

-- Paul Schlie