Author Topic: Rabbit EV for sale (owned by FVEAA member Jeff Teppema) $3300  (Read 2164 times)

jeff.teppema

Rabbit EV for sale (owned by FVEAA member Jeff Teppema) $3300
« on: August 16, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
Hi members,

After 3 years of reliable transportation, I'm parting with my 1982 VW Rabbit conversion, "EL Rabbito".  The odometer doesn't work, so I'm not sure how many miles the car has in total, but I estimate the current battery pack has somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 miles (Trojan T-125s).

This is a 96V conversion, an original club car converted in 1995 with a kit from Electro-motive in Menlo Park, California.  The car is complete and operational, ready to drive.  The range is approximately 35 miles, although it is lower right now due to the age and number of miles on the battery pack.

Disclaimer:  Starting 2 months ago, I have experienced an intermittent problem where I lose power to the motor when I apply the brakes.  A couple of club members have suggested it sounds like a short in the 12V wiring somewhere.  I am not an electrician and have limited experience troubleshooting these problems (and limited time), so I have not been able to diagnose the problem.  Hopefully someone in the club with more know-how can find and solve this problem.

There are pictures of the car on the club website (http://www.fveaa.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,13/).  I can send more pictures if you're interested.

I'm giving club members first crack at the car - if nobody is interested, I'll list it on eBay motors in a week or so.

Thanks!

Jeff