Author Topic: 2007 Chicago Auto show  (Read 2623 times)

paul.becke

• ElectricMiata
2007 Chicago Auto show
« on: February 14, 2007, 04:07:57 AM »
I am curious what people think of the Chicago Auto show.  I thought the Zap and Chevy Volt were interesting.  I think GM could have the Volt in production in 2 years if they want to.  I would buy one.  With my normal driving habbits, I would probably fill up about twice a year.  The Zap is interesting, but I really like 4 wheels on a car.  I was kind of taken back by Ford's alternative fuel display.  My wife took one look at it and said that it looks like a bomb ( referring to the hydrogen storage tank).  I kind of agree, not to mention it kind of looked like an oversized display produced for a junior high science fair.  I think Ford is missing the mark.  As a Ford customer, (I own a mazda and a volvo, both Ford products) I have my doubts they will see return business from me unless the introduce some real inovations.  I also have a Prius, but I would trade it in for the Volt if it were available.  GM take notice!  You could steal market share from your biggest competative threat in the the Auto industry.

Paul

rich.carroll

• Veteran
Re: 2007 Chicago Auto show
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 03:08:00 AM »
A few of the manufacturers do realize that new technologies hold promise.  Toyota had a reasonable exhibit promoting theier hybrid technology, but some of the manufacturers made a big thing of their E85 cars.    It's unfortunate that some of the manufacturers did not address the plug in hybrid concept, although Toyota danced around the issue in their Hybrid learning trailer.  It was welcome to see the Zap vehicles, as total EV's.
Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to