Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
EV Parts For Sale / Re: Tesla Wheels for Sale
« Last post by jeffrey.miller on October 11, 2022, 03:16:21 AM »
Sold! 
« Last post by jeffrey.miller on October 05, 2022, 02:39:17 AM »
Just the Model S 19" wheels with snow tires remain.
fveaa.org Announcements / Re: Heat Pump Water Heater
« Last post by tom.hoffmann on October 03, 2022, 12:39:39 PM »
Thank you very much. I have decided against the heat pump and I'm getting a traditional electric water heater. Reason is noise. Many people who have them say the compressor noise is a high pitched whine that is very bothersome.
fveaa.org Announcements / Re: Heat Pump Water Heater
« Last post by jeffrey.miller on October 03, 2022, 12:08:24 AM »
Tom,

I don't have one, but I know people that do.  The Rheem units will cool the space they are in, so make sure there is some way to warm that space back up in the winter.  During the summer it's likely helpful that they cool the space down for you.  There is a more unusual unit that has a separate unit that you can place outdoors if you want, however some people place them on the wall of their attached garage.  In this way it's cooling the garage during the summer, and using latent heat in the garage during the winter to reduce the cost of warm water. 

https://www.eco2waterheater.com/product-info
A couple of my friends have these units, and they are very happy with them.  They use CO2 for the refrigerant, so no pesky Ozone depleting gases in them. 
fveaa.org Announcements / Heat Pump Water Heater
« Last post by tom.hoffmann on September 29, 2022, 11:56:30 AM »
We installed an 8.6 KW solar array this summer and its producing more power than we need. My gas home water heater is "vintage" and I'm thinking about switching to electric. Anybody have any experience (good or bad) with heat pump water heaters?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rheem-ProTerra-40-Gal-10-Year-Hybrid-High-Efficiency-Smart-Tank-Electric-Water-Heater-with-Leak-Detection-Auto-Shutoff-XE40T10HS45U0/312741469
Well I could but it would be silly because then the RAV4 EV wouldn't be in display.
Anyone able to pick up a Ford 150 Lightning from Joe Cotton Ford in Carol Stream this Friday afternoon Sept 30?  They'll let us borrow it again,
we just need someone to pick it up and bring it to the NDEW event at Fox Valley Mall on Sat Oct 1 this Saturday and return it afterwards.
Contact Bruce 630-864-9669
Thank you Bruce.
BTW, I am setting up a private FVEAA website to dump all the photos and videos onto it.
We can use it for any club-related event. That way multiple people have access to these items as long as everyone who shoots video or photos uploads them to the site.

Stay tuned...

Rich Hirschberg
Outreach Director
Come on out 10:30 - 3:30 to NDEW North today
Spring Hill Mall
1072 Spring Hill Ring Road,  West Dundee, IL 60118
« Last post by jeffrey.miller on September 21, 2022, 01:45:28 PM »
Model 3 snow set is sold
The bare wheels are still here for those who want to build your own set though.
I have used this TPMS and been happy with it. If you look at Rockauto all the Model S and 3 from late 2014 to the Bluetooth era all use the same TPMS.
Amazon.com: ITM Set of 4 TPMS 433mhz Tire Pressure Sensors for 2016-2019 Tesla Model X 60D 75D 90D P90D P100D : Automotive
Buy ITM Set of 4 TPMS 433mhz Tire Pressure Sensors for 2016-2019 Tesla Model X 60D 75D 90D P90D P100D: Aftermarket Systems - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
www.amazon.com
A set of Michelin X-Ice tires are 877 after rebate on Tire Rack right now.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10