Author Topic: Micron Corp. PowerPak Capacitors (Smart Start)  (Read 5451 times)

terry.kane

• Contributor
Micron Corp. PowerPak Capacitors (Smart Start)
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »
This topic was created to discuss the Capacitor products offered by Micron Corporation (Tullahoma, TN).
http://www.microntn.com/PowerPak.html

They are presently selling their UC100 "kit" (including PCM control module) to consumers on eBay for about $450.
I uploaded a pdf of the ad to the FVEAA file bank: http://tinyurl.com/7muc9w

terry.kane

• Contributor
Re: Micron Corp. PowerPak Capacitors (Smart Start)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:01:58 PM »
I spoke with Dr. Nowak, the CEO of Micron.  He said that while they have focused in the past on Military (with fair success) and are presently targeting the "marine SLI" market, EV's are a viable potential market for their super-caps.  Of course, no one expects to get rich off of us "hobbyists" so his interest in helping me was mild.  They will certainly sell an individual their products and, if you bought 10 (for 120V, for instance) I'm sure you'd enjoy a discount over the retail price of about $450 each.  I can provide Dr. Nowak's contact info if anyone wants to follow up with him on their own.

I will probably be working on a data acquisition project with them in the coming year through my day job.  I'm hoping that as I build a good business relationship with them, they'll take more interest in my hobby inquiries...

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 01:41:37 AM »
Thanks Terry for the info, I was interested in the  UC500 did they mention when that might be available? Or any kind of specs? Looks like they would consider lower offers on ebay for the UC100 maybe to clear out stock for the UC500.
Ken Simmermon

todd.dore

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:00:26 AM »
So will we be able to use this device to power our EVs?  Can the power distribution be drawn out over time as needed - large variable power requirements - over the course of a typical drive?

Would we be able to string 20 of these together for a nice power pack?

What is the voltage of these?  Also, how much energy capacity (kWh) would a pack of 20 have?

And do these products compete with EEStore?

bruce.lanzerotti

• /Users/lanzerotti/Desktop/IMG_0113.JPG
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »
Please pass Dr. Nowak, the CEO of Micron information onto me. I'm working on a project and his technology may be of interest.
Thanks
Bruce
630-865-5134
lanzerotti@yahoo.com
Live long and prosper