Author Topic: Manufacturer buyback Lemon  (Read 1738 times)

tim.moore

• Veteran
Manufacturer buyback Lemon
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:02:51 PM »
Well I got educated about buyback cars  resale.  For my 2012 Ford Focus EV I got $2500, which was 1/3 of Kelly Blue book and $2000 less than Quick Sale Kelly Blue  Book.  I just hope they do not crush it.  It ran perfectly.  If I knew how little you get for buyback/"Lemons" I would have listed it here on the FVEAA forumns for much less.  I put "lemon" in quote because I am sure some person ignorant of EV's bought the car and drove it like a gas car and turned it back in.  I am going to drive my 2014 Ford Focus Electric until the wheels fall off of it to recoup the money I lost on this 2012 sale.

jeffrey.miller

• Veteran
Re: Manufacturer buyback Lemon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 11:03:00 PM »
Buybacks are classified as a "branded title" and just like any branded title, you are pretty well on your own.  No warranty of any kind, no financing, and limited market demand.  The insurance companies will insure them, but other than that, you are pretty well buying it with the expectation that you will own it for a really long time until it just doesn't matter any more (the junk yard doesn't care if it's a branded title).  The worst things I have heard of are people who buy cars, and then discover after the fact that it has a branded title when they go to trade it in.  The title itself doesn't reflect it, but Carfax does and they didn't check the Carfax when they bought it, or worse yet, Carfax wasn't up to date when they bought it.  Sorry to hear you go screwed on the deal, and $2500 might have gotten some serious interest around here. 

tim.moore

• Veteran
Re: Manufacturer buyback Lemon
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:18:54 PM »
Thanks, I did have a warranty, but it was an education.  I wish I would of posted it to forumn as Buyback, but I had put that in the forumn earlier.