Author Topic: I just saw the movie "Fuel"  (Read 3488 times)

chuck.carrington

I just saw the movie "Fuel"
« on: October 10, 2009, 05:41:17 PM »
Last night I saw the movie "Fuel" by Josh Tickell. It is about the history of oil in the US and the power the companies have in our government. The movie then goes on to talk about solutions and of course it talks mostly about biofuels because that is what Josh has divoted his life to, but it also talks about EV's, plug-in's, wind, solar, and sustainable buildings. He goes to other countries to show what they are doing and how far we are falling behind.

I know that for most of you this movie is preaching to the choir, but it needs our support. It is showing at the Piper Alley theater this weekend and needs a good turnout so other theaters will show it, so please go see it this weekend if you can. Josh will be there for Q&A tonight and tomorrow.

For more info go to http://www.thefuelfilm.com.

Thanks,
Chuck

lawrence.miller

Re: I just saw the movie "Fuel"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:40:25 AM »
I ask all believers to show their belief within the confines of Life-Liberty-and-the-pursuit-of-happiness, by not buying any fuel, anything transported by fuel or anything made using fuel. That would show "them".

There is no alternative energy that viable or economical other than oil. If you think there is, tell me what it is. Electric cars continue to cost far more than conventional gasoline cars for technical reasons. Even the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car" blamed consumers for killing the EV-1, political proganda that the movie is.

I agree with Palin and others, allow US companies to drill in Alaska.

I also say let honest free enterprise provide energy and new alternatives. All we've gotten from government is expensive scientific toys, like nuclear fusion, that are not viable and not economic.

james.zukowski

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »
I heard about it on Friday and went to the 4:40pm Saturday show. It's a pretty good documentary on Josh's sojourn, primarily with biodiesel, and yes, there is discussion about other possibilities and opportunities to replace humanity's addiction to oil.
There will be Q&A sessions today (Sunday) after the shows at 4:40 and 7:15 (maybe after 2:00, but not sure). Among other things, they provide a short list of things to do. At last night's session, I also announced the existence and meeting time for FVEAA, and gave the website. Josh, Rebecca, and Kyle will continue announcements for the other shows.
Also, if you're driving to the show, DO allow LOTS of time for traffic on the expressways, and DON'T park in the structure next door - it's EXTREMELY expensive ($19 for my 4 hours yesterday). I'm not sure what the alternatives are, but I know they exist.

-James Zukowski

robert.mcpheron

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:10:12 PM »
My health won't permit me to go see the movie and I can't tell from the posts if the movie supports our point of view...?

tks mac

chuck.carrington

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 04:40:45 AM »
If you want honest free enterprise then the government needs to stop supporting the oil companies with tax insentives and military support to keep the oil flowing.

stephen.grushas

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:40:48 PM »
My wife and I went to the 9:50pm Sunday showing and bumped into Todd Dore and his wife.
I parked on the street, didn't have to feed the parking meter( free after 9pm) and the show was empty-6 people total counting us. Before the movie, the usher came by and told us there was a problem with the projector and said he would run the movie and if we didn't like it, he would give us free passes. The movie was great and we didn't really see that much wrong with the film and he still passed out free tickets. I would go to a LATE showing, save the parking fee(19.00-4hours) phew!!! It's there until Oct. 15, 2009. Steve

todd.dore

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 12:24:59 AM »
Steve was smart.  We couldn't find street parking so we had to pay $18 for the garage!

Still worth it, a pretty good movie and we got some free passes to boot.

-Todd