Author Topic: 1st International Conference on Advanced Lithium Batteries for Automobile Applic  (Read 3227 times)

robert.wood

Should we send someone?

1st International Conference on Advanced Lithium Batteries for Automobile Applications
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, Illinois, USA 60439
September 15-17, 2008

http://www.transportation.anl.gov/batteries/li_batt_conf_08/index.html

matt.kenigson

I'd love to go.  I may be able to take the time off of work...

Matt

gerald.jackson

Matt,

Wow, at $550 per head (or even $450 if they let you register as an academic) this is a pretty stiff entry fee to hear a bunch of highly-technical talks.  To be perfectly honest, as a Ph.D. physicist I had to really pay attention to keep up with all of the chemistry jargon that was thrown around at an investor forum that was supposed to be nontechnical.  Unless the person who goes has a very strong chemistry background and some prior familiarity with the field of electrochemistry, I do not know if the money would be well spent.

Having said that, it is important for EV enthusiasts to keep up with the trends in battery technolgy.  I hope that whoever goes gives a talk about what they learned at a future meeting!

Gerry Jackson

matt.kenigson

I know there's a lot I probably wouldn't be able to follow.  My main objective in going to something like that would be to meet folks and possible stir up interest in some of our projects and concerns.  Most of the time if I go to a trade show or convention it's usually meeting one or two influential people and building those relationships that makes the thing worthwhile. 

Matt