Author Topic: Adapters, Couplers, Motors, and Other Components  (Read 6513 times)

craig.dusing

Adapters, Couplers, Motors, and Other Components
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
I've finally made some progress on getting my shop established in the Small Business and Technology Center in Sterling IL, and had the opportunity to get an online store together at http://www.ev-solutions.net

So far we've completed motor adapters and couplers for S-10 2.2L and V6, both in clutch and clutchless style. We've also produced adapters and couplers for VW Jetta and Golf 2.0L, and are currently working on projects for a Toyota Tercel and Mazda Miata. I also have a cast aluminum S-10 adapter housing in pre-production and will be field testing it in my personal S-10. We've shaved a considerable amount of weight in this design and I'm looking forward to putting some miles on it. It's been painful to have my S-10 in the shop and not out on the road.

Our next project, just getting underway, is a bolt-in battery box system for S-10's, to eliminate the need for welding during a conversion. My plan is to build standard sized (three, four, and eight battery) plastic, insulated battery boxes with ventilation and heater systems along with bolt-in steel, powdercoated frames. My ultimate goal is to produce a complete S-10 conversion kit. (yes, batteries included, just supply the donor truck ) ;D

And just for fun, in the middle of this startup, my wife and I sold our home in Milledgeville and are simultaneously making the 15 mile move to Sterling!  ::)

I also want to take this opportunity to thank all of our customers and testers for their patience and assistance over the past several months in helping us field test our designs. I've talked with and met some great folks during the process, and I'm looking forward to meeting and working with many more.

Craig Dusing
Electric Vehicle Solutions Inc.