Author Topic: Currently the most updated map of Charging Stations in our area  (Read 4040 times)

rich.carroll

• Veteran
The Website http://electric.carstations.com/ seems to be outdistancing all the other competitors.  They now map and detail 40 stations in the Chicago area, and 9 near Rockford:

Zoom in and find 34 in or near Chicago,

Zoom farter in, and the detail expands.  Hover over a point, and detail will show.  Click on a point and more detail will open.

It is an overlay to Google maps, so you can see satellite views or maps, zoom in/out, and can pull the map in any direction.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:27:13 PM by rich.carroll »
Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to

todd.dore

• Veteran
Re: Currently the most updated map of Charging Stations in our area
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 03:49:50 AM »
I see that all the area Nissan dealers are installing the new AeroVironment stations.  Not sure if any of these will be available to the public.

Anyway - RICH C - any chance that once 350 Green installs charging stations that we could get those onto this site?

By the way, have they installed any charging stations yet?

rich.carroll

• Veteran
Re: Currently the most updated map of Charging Stations in our area
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »

I see that all the area Nissan dealers are installing the new AeroVironment stations.  Not sure if any of these will be available to the public.

Good question, I'll ask the folks at CarStations.

Anyway - RICH C - any chance that once 350 Green installs charging stations that we could get those onto this site?

We have offers of one or two stations from Bruce Lanzerotti.  I can't remember if Brian Levin also offered one, but I know he is very accomodating, and he would also lend us one.  It looks like Mariana (CEO from 350Green) or Tim (President of 350Green) will present at the April FVEAA meeting, so we could ask them also.  And Pioneer has a working J1772 that can be used (We're going to drag it bring it to the Homer Glen show.)

By the way, have they installed any charging stations yet?

I haven't heard any announcements, but we'll certainly be in touch with Tim or Mariana this week or next.  This may have more to do with the impending change of leadership in Chicago city government.  Suzanne Malec-McKenna has done a truly outstanding job as Commissioner of the Environment, but her job, hundreds of other managers and commissioners, are on the line with a new administration coming in.    Rich Daley hands the keys to the city to Rahm Emanual on May 16, and I expect a few commissioners to change.  Announcements may be waiting for that transition to settle a little.  Ah, but what do I know, politics is so much, "not what you expected!"

Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to