Author Topic: My first conversion, maybe...  (Read 4056 times)

daniel.bulley

My first conversion, maybe...
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
Well I almost joined when the club was new, then again in the 90's and finally just recently after seeing the club at the solar car race at NN. So then in haste I jumped into the first project car I could find since I had wasted so many years by not doing something I really wanted to. I didn't even realize this was one of the club projects. So I have this Porsche 944 in my driveway and I'm not sure if its the right car for me. So either 1 or 2 things. Is there any info/sketches/photos (beyond the few that are already on this board) you have from the project car that you would share, or is anyone interested in this car? Thanks,

Dan

stephen.grushas

Re: My first conversion, maybe...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »
Hey Dan,
Tell us more about your 944; body, frame, interior, what year, does it Run??, trans, etc

daniel.bulley

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:33:08 PM »
1983. Bought it from this guy that blew the clutch, couldn't get the pin out on the fork so pulled the engine. Then he had triplets. So I'm assuming it ran. But it came with the engine out. Everything else looks pretty good. Body is ok. It's a 5 speed. manual rack and pinion steering. I don't usually do impulsive things but when I do they are bigger than usual. Interior is ok. Those pre 86 944 had boring interiors.

steve.kaufman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
Dan,

If you would find it helpful, you're welcome to take my 1985 Porsche 944 for a ride.

It was the club's  "Project car" I think about two years ago.

Steve

Hancisme@aol.com