Author Topic: 1994 Mitsubishi Pickup - now sold  (Read 3013 times)

john.bannes

1994 Mitsubishi Pickup - now sold
« on: June 28, 2010, 03:08:43 AM »
This was going to be my donor vehicle to go electric but no money - no storage has me thinking it is time to part company.   I have owned this truck for many years and can provide a good bit of its mechanical history.  Its death as an "ice" vehicle came last September when the clutch lever on the transmission case cracked off.  If you wanted to drop the trans and make enough space to weld it back together, it might be driveable again.  Oil pressure had been very low just before the lever cracked so I didn't think I was giving up much deciding not to pursue a cluch lever repair.

The Mitsu has 197,000 miles on it.  The cab has no major rust.  The front of the hood could use some rust re-work and the pickup box has some rust through spots.  The truck has a 4-cylinder, 5 speed trans with air conditioning still working when last run.

I loaded on a trailer before last winter and found a neighbor who could take it for a while.  It now needs to go so bring me $ 200 and it will have a new home.  You can use the trailer it is still on to move it.  Trailer tires are newer but I have not checked the bearings in a long time so if you need to haul it a distance you may want to make a different arrangement.  Also I am not sure the truck's weight is not too heavy for the trailer capacity.  The trailer is a home-built by someone before me.  Trailer has no lights so that needs to be addressed.

I have some pictures that I can email but none will be very current.  Contact John at 630-258-8167 or jbannes@sbcglobal.net.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:17:40 AM by john.bannes »