Author Topic: Oak Park showing in Sept. 07 ?  (Read 5379 times)

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
Oak Park showing in Sept. 07 ?
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:51:11 PM »
Howard Hansen mentioned that he heard the Oak Park Coalition for Truth and Justice will be playing the WKtEC film in Sept.  i just sent this email to their contact email to see if we can attend.

---
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:45:44 -0500
To: contact@opctj.org
From: "Ted Lowe, President, Fox Valley Electric Auto Assoc." <ted.lowe@fveaa.org>
Subject: Who Killed the Electric Car film in September ?
Cc: goafvs@yahoo.com,hghnsn@yahoo.com

Dear OPCTJ,

i represent the FVEAA, a non-profit organization of people promoting electric vehicle transportation and driving electric vehicles in the Chicago area.  You can learn a bit more about us at www.fveaa.org

We have arranged public showings of the Who Killed the Electric Car (WKtEC) film in the past and always enjoyed the opportunity to talk to people about this greener mode of transportation.  At the last showing at the Elgin public library, we had an excellent informal Q&A session after the film before going outside to look at the vehicles.

i heard through the grapevine that you may be showing the WKtEC in OP in September.
If so, we would be glad to attend with a couple of our EVs and answer any questions that your viewers may have.  Even though GM, etc. killed the electric car this time around, the "people" have kept it alive and getting better each day.

Please let us know your thoughts, thanks!

Kind regards,
Ted Lowe, President, FVEAA
630-260-0424
http://tedlowe.fveaa.org

fveaaadmin

• Administrator
Oak Park showing was great!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
The weather was fine, visitors friendly and inquisitive the Q&A session after the film was very lively.  We had 4 EVs on the plaza between the library and park: Charlie Sheridan's 1910 Ford Model-T, Ted Lowe's S-10, Howard Hansen's OEM Ford Ranger and George Gladic's Nissan. 

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 06:10:20 PM by fveaaadmin »

lawrence.miller

Re: Oak Park showing in Sept. 07 ?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:24:28 PM »
If members do attend, I hope some facts are discussed with those less technically astute.

1. The charge in batteries is reduced in cold weather. Is this one of the disadvantages the EV-1 Impact markering woman did not want to discuss with potential buyers?

2. The overall cost is greater than gasoline when the cost of the batteries is considered. Maybe you guys have some realistic estimates from experience. My very rough estimate is ~4x, that is, when gasoline reaches ~$ 16/gal it will be worth my while to convert my Prius to PHEV, assuming the cost of utility electricity remains about the same cost as equivalent energy of gasoline.

3. I still support customer freedom of choice. I find it ridiculuous the movie found consumers guilty. Some people selling things thing do want a forced consumer, this seems to happen unjustly in governments often.

ted.karson

Re: Oak Park showing in Sept. 07 ?
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:21:06 AM »
WE must look for power sources other than batteries and they are here now.