Author Topic: GFCI Russco working Thank You  (Read 2029 times)

tim.moore

• Veteran
GFCI Russco working Thank You
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
 I  am on line with my car, Praise God.  I put flexible  wire covers on all cables that came in contact with battery boxes and chasis.  Having tested after each prescription told to me by my fellow FVEAA, I can say for certain that the one that solved the problem was when I moved  and covered a battery wire that was zip tied to a motor mount (had been for years).  I have driven the car  for three days with the GFCI  Russco charger and no tripping, so I am confident the problem has been solved.  Thank You for your words of encouragement, and suggestions.  It was quite a Christmas vacation, I feel like I have a whole new car with all the improvements I made while trying to fix the GFCI problem.  THANK YOU especially to John Emde, Rich Carroll, John Jeide, Todd Dore, Ted Lowe and Steve Grushas.  Also a big Thank You for Ed Meyer and his charger, because that was my only way I knew there was a real problem, because his charger also tripped the GFCI, but accepted a nonGFCI charger.  Although I was not happy that the Russco was tripping so much, I am very grateful that the problem prompted me to find a strut mount problem, as well as numerous cables that I should of protected better, and insulation that needed to be replaced.  THANK YOU FVEAA.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:04:53 PM by tim.moore »