Author Topic: Wiring diagram  (Read 11267 times)

rich.rezny

Wiring diagram
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:33:10 PM »
I picked up a treadmill motor and controller from the scrap guy that comes around. I intend to use the motor on my drill press.  Only problem is that when I removed the motor, wiring and controller from the scrapped treadmill some of the wiring connections didn't get marked and now I'm trying to find a diagram.  The motor and controller were made by/for Icon Health and fitness.  Motor #N1cpm-089T and controller MC-60. The motor has 4 wires coming out of it. The red and black wires go to the motor brushes. When connected to a battery the motor runs. Motor is rated at 2.25 hp @ 130VDC. The other two wires from the motor-blue & blue w/ white tracer go into the motor housing and these are the wires I'm trying to figure out.  The controller also has a transformer that I believe is connected between the black motor lead and the control board but I'm not sure.  Any help would be appreciated..Rich

ted.karson

Re: Wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 02:19:22 AM »
I cannot help you with this one, but the Harper green go cart using one of the motors you donated to our youth class, should be running by Tuesday. Thanks again for your support. We are having three air/electric go cart classes for this summer and fall, that will be about 40 students.

miodrag.zubic

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 03:45:34 PM »
The two wires (blue and blue-with-white) could be the leads from a thermal protection switch. What kind of termination do the wires have ... quick connects, bare wire ...? Can you recognize how many of the same (mating) type terminals you have on the controller. If you could send me some pictures, maybe I'd be able to recognize something. Or, if you don't figure it out by next Friday bring the stuff to the meeting and we'll take a look.

Miodrag

rich.rezny

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:28:24 PM »
Mirodrag, I'll bring the motor,controller and wiring to the next meeting.  There is also a transformer that is wired between the -motor terminal and the control board.  I've been looking for a treadmill motor/controller for some time. Even went to Play it Again Sports to see if they had any broken down ones headed to the scrap heap. Our scrap guy comes by weekly and brings us all kinds of cool stuff.  We trade him our scrap brake rotors, exhaust, radiators and whatever else that should be recycled.  We always check out the other dumpsters at our multi unit building. There is a fork truck repair place (gas only), saw blabe sharpening service and a couple of builder/remodelers. I've salvaged lumber, steel, computers and even decent furniture.