Author Topic: Affordable LCD displays on Ebay?  (Read 13350 times)

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
Affordable LCD displays on Ebay?
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:51:32 AM »
Here's a big THANK YOU to Rich Carroll for his presentation on the Blue Window EV Dashboard product at last night's meeting!

Rich: you mentioned reasonably priced LCD display on Ebay.  Could you post a pointer to units like the one you had last night ?  i tried various searches but the came up with a mind-boggling amount of them.

i have a propeller demo board ($80 from Digi-Key) and am itching to try some SPIN programming.  i've hooked it up to my VGA monitor and TV at home, but there is no room for a 31" monitor in my EV :-)

Thanks!

rich.carroll

• Veteran
Re: Affordable LCD displays on Ebay?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:36:58 AM »
Try
http://desc.shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=tft+monitor+-(7%22%2C+7in)&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=3270&_okw=tft+monitor+-(7%22%2C+7in)&_oexkw=&saveon=2&LH_TitleDesc=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=50&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Zip+code&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_rdc=1

That search got me about 100 smaller (not 7 inch) monitors, which cost less than $50

Or, you can do your own ebay search, but not in the auto section, search in the regular ebay for: 

tft monitor -(7", 7in)                                       

and limit your field to the price range you want.  Obviously you can change the search specs to whatever you want, but there are so
many seven inch, and I did NOT want one that big, so I just excluded all those from the search.

Avoid buying one that deals with rear view backup cameras, some have all their images reversed, which makes the text virtually unreadable.
Rich Carroll                           rc@rc.to