Author Topic: zero-carbon car  (Read 4874 times)

tim.moore

• Veteran
zero-carbon car
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »
I hope I am not bringing up something already discussed at a meeting, but I wanted to know what people feel about the Zero-carbon car.   I just read it and I was amazed at how well it was written and how much I felt like it captured all the insights I had learned in FVEAA.  One new insight was the idea of a diesel  powered generator small enough to fit into a compact car.  It seems as though the car Kemp designed is the best of both worlds with the veggie oil being an option.  So Ted when are we converting your truck to zero carbon?  Also I wondered how they got away with a 10 kilowatt generator and the chevy volt has a 53KWH generator? 

terry.kane

• Contributor
Re: zero-carbon car
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:23:42 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Tim.  I ordered the book right away upon reading the review on Amazon.com.  I can't wait to read it. 

rich.rezny

Re: zero-carbon car
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
I just bought this book last week at Borbers.  It was a $35 book but I had a 30% off coupon.  Very interesting book. There is a chapter on bio-diesel and another on hydrogen. Chevy Volt got beat up by at least 2 years by an tinkerer!!!