Author Topic: DC to DC converter and charger  (Read 7810 times)

bob.fox

DC to DC converter and charger
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:28:47 AM »
My Todd DC/DC stopped working for me. :(  It's the 40 amp model and as far as I can tell is only putting out 5.5 volts.  I found this out the hard way when I came out from work the other day and had nothing.

I understand Todd no longer is in business but the IOTA looks to be very similiar.  It would be nice to fix this one but I am not very electronically educated.  The IOTA 45amp, sells for around $220.   Does anyone know of a better one or a more favorable price?   

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   I am manually charging the 12 volt battery at the present time.  Thanks.

Bob
78' Mustang

dan.michael

Re: DC to DC converter and charger
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »
I bought an Iota DLS-45 from www.altenergystore.com for about $180.00.  I've never had a problem with it.  It can be sourced by the 120vdc system on the truck or 120vac from the household receptacle.  Good luck
Dan Michael
'92 toyota pickup

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
Hi Bob, I think there is a schematic floating arround for the TODD.Ken S
Ken Simmermon

bob.fox

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »
Hi Bob, I think there is a schematic floating arround for the TODD.Ken S

I wouldn't know where to find it and if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with it.   ;D
78' Mustang

bob.fox

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:13:47 PM »
I bought an Iota DLS-45 from www.altenergystore.com for about $180.00.  I've never had a problem with it.  It can be sourced by the 120vdc system on the truck or 120vac from the household receptacle.  Good luck
Dan Michael
'92 toyota pickup

Thanks Dan,  I will probably go that route or something similiar, I know nothing about how to fix this one.  Thank you.
78' Mustang

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 02:08:38 AM »
Bob, don't throw it away if you want I'll take a look at it for you. Ken
Ken Simmermon

miodrag.zubic

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 03:42:08 AM »
Same here. I wouldn't mind taking a look at it if you don't get it fixed otherwise.

By the way Bob, have you ever had your Raptor fixed?

Miodrag

bob.fox

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 12:15:50 PM »
Bob, don't throw it away if you want I'll take a look at it for you. Ken

If you knew me and saw my garage and pole barn you'd know I never throw anything away.   ;D  I plan on coming to the August meeting, if I do I will bring it. 
78' Mustang

bob.fox

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
Same here. I wouldn't mind taking a look at it if you don't get it fixed otherwise.

By the way Bob, have you ever had your Raptor fixed?

Miodrag

Mio,   no to the Raptor.  I plan on attending the August meeting, if I make it, I will bring it and the DC/DC converter/charger. You are welcome to look at either or both.  Thanks for the offer.   

Bob
78' Mustang

miodrag.zubic

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »
Sounds good. I'll be there. If you happen to have any documentation for either one of them, bring that too. Maybe we can get them to pump some amps again.

Miodrag