Author Topic: E-REV Wishlist - Final Product  (Read 5631 times)

terry.kane

• Contributor
E-REV Wishlist - Final Product
« on: March 20, 2008, 10:10:01 PM »
Use this topic to describe the ideal configuration of your "dream range-extender".  This is the money-is-no-object version of what you'd have if it were feasible.

todd.dore

• Veteran
Re: E-REV Wishlist - Final Product
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:37:06 AM »
Something like a Chevy Volt.  'Nuff said.

tracy.talley

• TMT E-MOTION
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 01:10:57 PM »
The Volvo Recharge would be my ideal E-Car.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Volvo-ReCharge.html

I like the motors in the wheels concept.

Tracy Talley
www.tmtemotion.com
Distributor of Liberty Electric Bikes and Trikes
Homer Glen, Illinois
708 655 6313

bob.fox

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »
The Volvo Recharge would be my ideal E-Car.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Volvo-ReCharge.html

I like the motors in the wheels concept.

Tracy Talley

This is a great looking concept.  Set up much the way a locomotive is.  I also like the wheel motors.  This would look really great in my garage.  ;D
78' Mustang

roy.stuart

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
I was at Detroit Auto Show in January 2008. I was told the volt production is planned to start in October 2008. Estimated cost around $25,000.00. They are planning to use Iithium-ion batteries from A123SYSTEMS OF WATERTOWN, MASSACHUSETTS> THEY USE IRON INSTEAD OF Cobalt in their batteries, much safer and can be charged any times longer. Roy Stuart

eddie.roman

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »
 I will believe they make the Volt when I see it .  IMO it is another pipe dream of GM.  They have gotten a ton of free press and goodwill from it, but when Toyota and Honda who actually have experience building electric vehicles have stayed away, I doubt GM will pull it off.  Seriously doubt it.  Let's hope I am wrong...

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 05:49:25 PM »
For me, the ultra-efficient series-phev Aptera!   i think the space-age look to it is a plus for me too (yellow truck guy:-).  Perhaps by the time i get one (I WILL OWN ONE SOMEDAY), it will have a "fly over traffic" option  ;D   We can't expect an EREV to look like and be a metal box (ala Henry Ford from 100+ years ago).  i only need two seats (and occasionally room for a 7 foot surfboard:-).  Ideally, i'd like the ICE part to be biodiesel, but they aren't 'into that' yet.  Also, read about the problems of getting a small diesel accepted in CA.

i tried reserving one today but only CA residents can so far.  i sent in a question asking if they could make an exception for an IL EV leader  :D
If that fails, i may ask a CA cousin or friend to reserve one on my behalf.  The list is over 1000 and growing... err... 201x???

They are definitely on the RIGHT TRACK!!!

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/03/27/aptera-moving-from-randd-to-production/