Author Topic: Motor brushes  (Read 3821 times)

rich.rezny

Motor brushes
« on: February 22, 2008, 06:04:40 AM »
I'm looking for motor brushes for a Clarke-Gravley floor cleaner motor. They are 1/4"T x 1/2"W x 3/4"L & have a 2" long single lead. There is a # 549 on the brush and they are elctrographic.  I need 8 for this motor. I scrapped our floor cleaner at work as it needed a bunch of repairs and no parts are available for it (valves, linkages and misl parts) and we rarely used it when it did work. I saved the Crown 245ah 6V batteries (4) and the charger (heavy transformer timer type) from it. The guys at work want to put the motor on a go-kart. I don't know the power rating but the placard says it is rated at 525 rpm @24V & 28amps. It is a PM motor.  Another problem with the motor is a set of the field magnets came unglued from the motor can. I cleaned the can up and reglued the magnets with J-B Weld. They apparently were unglued for some time as they show some wear from the armature scraping across them. If anyone has a source for the brushes please post it on this thread. BTW, the motor is about 6" in diameter and about 9" long with double shafts of 5/8"D x 3/4"L. I know when this machine was newer it would run non-stop for at least 4 hours and it originally had 2 real tall and extremely heavy 12 volt batteries.  I also scarfed the vacuum motor from it-also 24 volt.

terry.kane

• Contributor
Re: Motor brushes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 06:32:50 AM »
Try Dreisilker on Roosevelt Rd. in Glen Ellyn.

john.jeide

Re: Motor brushes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »
I suggest you try one of our members, Tom Brunka.  He works with brushes all the time.

I was successful at the other site mentioned, but they were very expensive.  Thanks.  JJ