Author Topic: Village of Lisle considers AVCON station.  (Read 8779 times)

todd.martin

Village of Lisle considers AVCON station.
« on: February 21, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »
I just got a call from Eric Ertmoed from the Village Manager's office in Lisle.  They are considering placing an EV parking spot next to their train station and across the street from downtown. 

Does anyone use the Lisle train station or work in downtown Lisle?

Thanks,

Todd Martin
VP, FVEAA

todd.martin

Village of Lisle Rejects AVCON station. :(
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »
Good Afternoon Todd,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you and the FVEAA for bringing this donation offer to the Village’s attention.  Unfortunately, at this time, the Village has to pass on the EV charging station.  With the upcoming redevelopment of Lisle’s downtown, parking for downtown visitors and commuters will be impacted.  As a result, creating a dedicated parking space for electric vehicle use would be difficult.  However, as the Village continues its sustainability and “green” planning this may be something we would like to take a look at in the future.

Again, thank you for the offer and your understanding, if I can be of any additional assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Eric

Eric Ertmoed

Management Analyst

Village of Lisle

gerald.jackson

Re: Village of Lisle considers AVCON station.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 10:58:20 PM »
Todd,

I do not yet have an EV, and do not use the commuter station in Lisle, but I am a resident of Lisle.  I know the mayor and half of the city council very well, having been a Lisle Park District commissioner in the past and on their (re)election teams.  If you need a little political "muscle", let me know.  By the way, the mayor is a neighbor and a fellow member of our subdivision's improvement board.

Gerry Jackson

todd.martin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
Thanks Gerry,

I appreciate the offer, but I think we should respect their decision at this time.  If an EV driver turns up that needs a spot in Lisle, I'll be banging on your door to twist those arms!

Best regards,

Todd Martin
VP, FVEAA

matt.kenigson

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:47:16 AM »
Todd,

I work in lisle but not downtown. Once I've gotten an avcon converter and we're ready to revisit this possible location let me know as I would have some interest in having access.

Matt Kenigson

todd.martin

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
Hi Matt, Sounds good.  Just let me know when you're ready and we'll figure out a strategy.

Best regards,

Todd Martin
VP, FVEAA

mark.minion

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 05:33:58 AM »
I work in Lisle and getting an EV soon with an AVCON connector. It would be a reasonable walk to get downtown. Any possibility of them reconsidering?