Author Topic: '88 Fiero offered  (Read 1783 times)

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
'88 Fiero offered
« on: September 11, 2018, 03:33:39 AM »
Hi Folks,

This came in via email.  Looks like a good deal for someone wanting to do a conversion.  Please contact him directly.

---
Name:    Glen Mowery
City:    Iowa City
Phone:    319-541-8439
Email:    magman@mchsi.com
Message:    I am a previous member of your organization but did not keep my membership current. I am the Utilities & Energy Management director at U Iowa and have been in the energy business my entire career. I have a '88 Fiero I've been working on an EV conversion but have since bought a Volt and next car will be Bolt. I've got about $10K in the car and parts. If any of your members are interested in continuing with this project, I would sell everything for $2K. The car only has 55K original miles and I would much rather have the conversion completed than sell it to someone who will restore it as an ICE. Thanks, Glen

nathan.stowe

• mysmartev
Re: '88 Fiero offered
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:45:55 PM »
I called him, it sounds like a really good start for someone to make a nice ride.

Essentially a very nice California car and he has quite a few body mods/parts in the works.  The interior is currently removed.

He has it setup for a 16" motor.  No motor/controller just yet.  Some dash/gauge work done.

Intended to go 144v with yellow tops and there is room, but Li would be the way to go now and that would fit better and give a decent range.

Happy Building.  (Get your EV grin baby!)