FVEAA Forums
December 18, 2017, 07:22:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2017 Jeff Miller Charging Infrastructure Presentation  (Read 1961 times)
jeffrey.miller
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 08:41:53 PM »

The wall is insulated and the first sub-panel, and 50 amp outlet box are mounted and have conduit to them.  With the help of my DAUGHTER! we pulled the worst of the first run, the 30 or so feet from the main to the first pull through corner.  This has 135 degrees of bends in it, the rest have less.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get the pull complete to the subpanel and start connecting things. 

Then it would be time to start on the second sub panel.  (which has conduit most of the way already)

I am definitely going to have to lube those more complex runs for the garage, it was all we could do to move through 135 degrees of bend, and this run was a much lower fill ratio than the garage will be. 

Progress continues. 

ted.lowe
Guru

'92 S-10 EV

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »

Wow that run sounds very complicated! Glad you got it done and with your DAUGHTER's help Smiley Smiley Smiley
jeffrey.miller
Contributor

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 08:33:21 PM »

I don't plan to use something like this but I am unusual.

https://www.tindie.com/products/nsayer/j1772-hydra/

It is the backbone of a dual head charging station, or a dual head setup for a single charging station.  For example if we wanted to have two J1772 at Yellow Box we could plug one of these in during the meeting and it would allow two people to share that station.  It balances the load and all that good stuff. 

I heard about the above little project while I was speaking with the man behind TucsonEV about 75amp J1772 charging cables which is is willing to build and sell to me for a reasonable price!  I was very happy to speak with him and we had a good discussion.  With that item figured out the only other unusual item I need to procure for the OpenEVSE charging stations is a larger contactor / relay.  THe openevse store used to have them on there but they are no longer listed.  I am following up on that topic. 

The cable pull is stalled due to a lack of muscle around the house, it is hung up less than 2 feet from the subpanel.  Looking for help if anyone is motivated to stop by and yank on a rope for me. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: