Author Topic: Ford Focus Electric 25,000 miles  (Read 1916 times)

tim.moore

• Veteran
Ford Focus Electric 25,000 miles
« on: January 02, 2017, 09:07:07 PM »
The dealership told me the only maintenance is rotate tires at 10,000 miles and change the cabin filter at 25K. Also told me the batteries are out performing the 100,000 mile warranty. Thank You John Emde and Bill Shaefer for getting me into electric cars 15 years ago.

rich.rezny

Re: Ford Focus Electric 25,000 miles
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:56:27 AM »
How much has the cold weather affected your range?  Mine is down to 47 miles w/ fully charged.  Not really a problem since I have a level 2 charge station at work and another at home. How good is your traction in the snow? I just put on a set of winter tires because I was all over the place last time it snowed. One of the new tires had a leak and I think it may have been ruined. Have to dismount it and see if it got ground up.  The compressor that comes with the car works pretty good.  I have a new front bumper and grille on order. Ran over a parking cone that was on its side in the middle of the road.  It was very foggy out and I didn't see it in time to avoid hitting it. I have 23000 miles on it already.

tim.moore

• Veteran
Re: Ford Focus Electric 25,000 miles
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:26:55 PM »
Wow 47.  When I charged the two FFElectric in the extreme cold, the lowest  final charge before I start driving has been 67.  I use the heated seats,  the max red defrost button on hi, at low fan speed,  and I drive in low as much as I can.  This has given me a good range of at least 65 miles.
I hope to see you soon, so sorry I have not been to the Friday meeting in a  really long time.