Author Topic: Race car opportunity  (Read 6096 times)

john.emde

• Contributor
Race car opportunity
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »
Does someone,  a group,  or club   want to partner up to build an electric drag race car ?  I can't do it alone anymore. (Club project ?)
I will donate a new (only 90 miles)  Honda Insight, and some other main components.  The car is to be gutted per contract with American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
The race vehicle can be in the “Modified Street Conversion”  or  “Extreme Street” class as per  http://nedra.com/class_rules.html class rules.  Pack voltage TBD.

Come on over to Build EV's shop and let's do some bench racing.

John Emde
electric-plum@juno.com

Build EV
840 Brian Drive
Crest Hill, Il 60403

michael.willuweit

Re: Race car opportunity
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:02 AM »
I'd be up for it. Do you have a charging station there? It's 52 miles round trip from my house, close to my max. Range

john.emde

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 03:29:30 AM »
Yes, we have a charging station with  J1772.    Also 120 and most any 220 connection.

Forgot the phone # before.

630  624-7579
John

john.emde

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »
Due to the overwhelming response to my request for partnering up to help
build an electric drag racing car, this request is now closed.

Thanks for your interest.

John

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:26:03 PM by john.emde »

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
Yes John, and sadly so.  i bet if you had offered your experience, time and place at a different time in FVEAA history, you could have a good response!  Eg, during the timeframe at Triton when you lead the GREAT ranger project!  Or in the 2008 timeframe when our membership went to 250 when gas hit $5/gal.  We had 125 people at one meeting at Packer Engineering then (we overflowed the classroom)!

We are a smaller group now even with electric cars markets expanding.  In our available volunteer time, we are analyzing various reasons for being a smaller group and developing strategies to grow. The more the merrier!!!  Imagine if your request was answered by a group of fathers and sons at a local community college (like at Triton)?!

ted.lowe

• Guru
  • '00 Dakota EV
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 06:00:46 PM »
Here is our FVEAA in our biggest moments! Thanks to all FVEAAers past, present and future!

June 2008 - Packer Engineering - Classroom overflow with 100+ attendees and nearing out 200 member point.

Awesome group photo in the Packer Engineering lab!  A visitor agreed to climb a tall ladder to take this shot.