Author Topic: Calling All Members!  (Read 2951 times)

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
Calling All Members!
« on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:01 AM »
Hi Folks,

we're putting together an "opportunity Charging" map.Whoever is willing to add their address and what voltage is available, from their home, library, mall, restaurant etc.  This would include known charging stations. This would be very appreciated! Feel free to post here or email me at blast321off@yahoo.com

Thanks, Ken Simmermon

Ken Simmermon
35807 N Wilson Rd 60041
right side of garage, 120vac 12 amps, 24hrs service
240vac 30amps available on request
most have 50 foot cord :o

same for
34790 N. Oden ave 60041

Standard parking fees apply zero charging fees! just kidding!
Tesla charging will have to provide one free ride!
Ken Simmermon

todd.dore

• Veteran
Re: Calling All Members!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:09:09 AM »
Ken - there are lots of websites and apps available that show this.  Many of these sources would have overlapping charging stations.  To name a few - Coulomb (mychargepoint.net), PlugShare app, Charge locator app, the DOE website, EV charger news, etc.

For PlugShare, you can enter your house if you offer it as a charging point, even if it is only Level I.  I'm registered for Level I and Level II charging on this.  They also have a website (PlugShare.com).

By the way, does anyone have a 'reverse' adaptor for J1772?  That is, you have a Nissan Leaf, but the charging station is a 220V AC 50 amp RV outlet, found at RV parks.  How can a Leaf owner take advantage of this to charge up the car?

ken.simmermon

• Veteran
Re: Calling All Members!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »
Thanks Todd, Good Info!

I was just calling out to the members to start our own opportunity charging map.
Ken Simmermon